CAT-B fit-out of new shell to form 11,000sq.ft interactive space for creative start-up businesses
Working alongside T&B’s design partner Bissett Adams Architects and client project managers MACE, our Interiors team successfully delivered the CAT-B fit-out and formation of 11,000sq.ft interactive ‘incubator’ space that will be used for creative start-up businesses.
The 24 week design and build project, delivered for University College London, was carried out within Urbanest’s newly constructed shell and modern student accommodation block located a short walk from London’s King Cross.
Works were carried out in the basement of the fully occupied accommodation block and included:
- £1,200,000 / 24 week construction programme
- 11,000sq.ft design & Build CAT-B fit-out
- Extensive M&E installation including HVAC, CCTV, fire and intruder alarms
- Installation of glazed partitions and bi-folding acoustic Forza doors
- Exposed concrete and Altro flooring
- Ecophon ceiling panels and acoustic screens
- Bespoke joinery including desks and benching
- Formation of office space and meeting rooms
- Plasterboard rafters and bespoke strip lighting installations
- Creation of tea points and breakout areas
- Achieved Ska Gold Award